Friday, February 8, 2013

Fun Fact Friday

Today I learned some very valuable vocabulary in my Thai language class. We went over some food items and practiced ordering food as if we were in a restaurant. By far my favorite food name I've learned so far is the Thai word for a fried egg.


ไข่ด
(pronounced 'khai-daaw,' meaning 'fried egg')

The reason I like this so much is because the second part of the word, 'daaw,' means star, and they call a fried egg an 'egg-star' since it looks like a star. I don't completely agree that a fried egg looks like a star, but I like the creativity in the name and who doesn't like stars? 

This weekend a few of us will be taking off early Saturday morning for Doi Khun Tan National Park where we will be camping out and doing some hiking. We will be returning to campus sometime Sunday afternoon, hopefully in time for some dinner and/or a Thai massage to loosen us up after some hiking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment