Monday, March 31, 2014

Photos From Amboseli

I am still without a camera for a couple reasons. First of all, it's too expensive to fix my camera and I'm being stubborn. But second and most importantly, I have thoroughly enjoyed being without a camera. Instead of seeing something beautiful and watching through the viewfinder of a camera, I've been able to observe each and every moment with my own eyes. I think that this has allowed me to experience moments in a whole new way. Occasionally I miss being able to take my own photos, but someone wise once told me that "there are some moments you just can't capture." So far my time in Kenya, and Amboseli National Park especially, has been a series of unforgettable moments in which a camera does absolutely no justice.

However; enjoy these photos because I'm lucky to be with a group of some great photographers that have done a great job of representing our experiences here so far.

Sam, me and Alex

Lacy and me in the safari car

Grey crowned crane


herd of elephants walking towards Kilimanjaro


African fish eagle

Saddle-billed stork
Goliath heron 

Giraffe sighting outside of the National Park near our resort




View of Kilimanjaro from our resort


Ostrich




 Secretary Bird
Cody, Sean, Connor and me







 one handsome baboon
Our first sight of elephants in Amboseli was in the beginning of our game drive and 
there were about 50 total...amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment