Saturday, April 12, 2014

Back to the Coast

Sunday morning I will be heading off to the coast for my one-month independent study (IDS) in Watamu, Kenya. Watamu is a small town about 100 km north of Mombasa. I will be staying at Mwamba Study Center, and interning with a organization that is researching Sykes monkeys. Here is a link to my new home to learn more about it: http://www.arocha.org/ke-en/work/centre.html

Mwamba is also a conservation organization and it sounds like there are usually many volunteers staying there from various organizations. I just recently found out that another SLU student, McKenzie Meservey, will be sharing a room with me at Mwamba and another SLU student, McKenzie Schessl, will be living in the same town. All 3 of us will be working with different organizations for the next month. I'm looking forward to exploring a new place and learning about the research project that I will be volunteering for.

my soon to be best friend

No comments:

Post a Comment