Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mwamba Field Study Center

As my time here on the coast is almost over I thought I'd share some photos of where I've been staying. The place is called the Mwamba Field Study Center, run by A Rocha Kenya, a Christian environmental conservation organization. Below are some shots of the common areas, where we spend most of our free time chatting with new friends. There are always people coming and going, either for vacation or as volunteers at various organizations. We all eat dinner together each night and it feels as though we are one large family sharing a meal and talking about our days. I will definitely be missing the proximity to the beach. Each morning I walk down to catch the sunrise and often take walks or runs on the beach in the afternoon. It's been a bit rainy and the temperature has been cooler this week so I haven't swam in a few days. I'll be sure to get in a couple dips before leaving the coast. On Saturday morning we will be flying from Malindi back to Nairobi, which is less than an hour long flight. We will then be staying back on the SLU compound in Nairobi for the rest of our time here wrapping up the semester with final papers and other activities.






view from the flatroof

McKenzie (my roommate for the month) and me enjoying sundowners by the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment