Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Off to China

We were woken early this morning when our hired driver, Clai, knocked on the door of our room and let himself in to make sure we were up. This was a very strange, unexpected, and hilarious instance that was a great start to the day. Shortly after we were on our way to the bus station in Nan to make our way back to Chiang Mai. For lunch I met up with Tara and Kimberly in the city where we ate our final meal in Thailand together. They are flying back to Iowa tonight as Jack, Andrew and I head to Kunming, China. We will be landing before midnight and our hotel is sending a car to pick us up. Although the forecast in Kunming looks rainy, the thought of cooler weather sounds wonderful. I have checked out of my room at Payap and said goodbye to my Japanese roommate, Honoka. I'm sad to be leaving Thailand but excited to be visiting country number 6 of my 5 months in Southeast Asia. Next week I will be visiting country number 7.....the good old USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment