Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Angkor Wat

Today Tammy and I enjoyed a lazy morning sleeping in and eating breakfast at the hotel. Then we hired a tuk tuk driver for the day to take us around Angkor Wat. We spent the day exploring the beautiful ruins of Angkor Wat. My dad told me that my Granny and Aunt Bo spent time here in the 1930s and it's absolutely amazing to be standing in some of the same places they saw almost a century ago. I'd like to think that the temples are pretty similar to what they saw but I'm sure the city of Siem Reap was much less developed when they were here. We were out during the hottest ours of the day and were very thankful to have our driver bring us from place to place. After a long day of temple hopping we regrouped at the hotel before heading out for dinner.















No comments:

Post a Comment