Saturday, April 6, 2013

International Pillowfight Day

HCMC is crazy. There are motorbikes everywhere, you dodge them when crossing the street and also when strolling down the sidewalk. However, the craziness has been a great deal of fun! This morning we slept in and then headed out for breakfast. I tried my first Vietnamese iced coffee, which was delicious! Strong and not too sweet, just the way I like it! Later we visited Ben Thanh market where we were harassed by every vendor to buy something at their shop. I finally caved and bought a hand fan to help deal with the stifling heat. In the afternoon we met up with my friend Luke, a Brit who I met in Kathmandu when I was there in January. We spent the afternoon walking around with him and exploring the city, and even participated in International Pillowfight Day! There were dozens of people, both foreigners and Vietnamese who gathered in a park to celebrate the day. We bought pillows for $3 and whacked away at random strangers. After everyone headed to a bar to enjoy a cold beer and we had a delicious dinner out at a Vietnamese restaurant.











No comments:

Post a Comment