Monday, April 22, 2013

Spring Break Recap

I have made it back to Chiang Mai! Tammy and I arrived late last night and were met at the airport by P. Jew, our favorite songthaew driver and good friend. It feels strange to be back in my dorm room after two weeks on the road. It's nice to be back on a normal schedule, but I'd much rather be adventuring around or spending a few more days on the beach. I'm down to four weeks left of classes. My time here has flown by! I will be done with classes on May 17, and then will be doing some traveling (to where...not positive yet) before getting back home to Bolton Landing on May 30. I've already asked my parents to reserve the St. Louis for an evening cruise upon my arrival. Here are some jumbled photos from my travels that I wasn't able to upload during the trip. Tammy had a waterproof camera that came in handy during Songkran and on the beach.

A short snorkeling outing after scuba diving. 

In Bangkok for Songkran, an entire block was blocked off and was filled with bubbles!


International Pillowfight Day in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (try to find me!)

snorkeling

Songkran

Playing in the waves of the Andaman Sea

Songkran

Sunset over the Andaman Sea in Khao Lak

Tammy, Mitch and I got to feed this 30 year old elephant watermelon after a long day of moving logs 

Songkran

Tammy making friends at the Mekong Delta

Houseboat on the Mekong Delta

Angkor Wat

cairns at Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat: I really loved how the roots of the trees grew in, on and around the temples

Angkor Wat

Monkeying around

The view from our morning hike in Krabi (1,237 steps!)

longtail boats at Koh Phi Phi

our scuba diving site

beach at Khao Lak

No comments:

Post a Comment