Thursday, April 4, 2013

Southeast Asian Spring Break Begins!

I am very excited that my 2-week Spring Break is finally here! Tomorrow (April 5th) afternoon I will be flying from Chiang Mai to Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City. Tammy and I will be meeting up with two other girls in the program to explore some of Vietnam for a few days before bussing to Siem Reap, Cambodia on April 9th where we will be seeing the ancient temples of the "Eighth Wonder of the World," Angkor Wat. After a few days there we will be bussing to Bangkok on April 12th, where we are meeting up with a few more friends from the program and will celebrate Songkran together. Then we are heading south to do some relaxing on the beaches of Thailand. We plan to spend a few days in Krabi, and then head a little bit up the coast to visit my family friend, Mitch, who lives north of Phuket and teaches English. We hope to visit the school he works at and meet the kids! On the evening of April 21st we are flying from Phuket to Chiang Mai in order to make it back for class on Monday morning. I will try to keep you all updated on my travels, I should have internet access at the hostels we will be staying at along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment