Sunday, April 28, 2013

Thai Cooking Class

This past Saturday Tammy, Kimberly, Tara and I took a cooking class at the Thai Farm Cooking School. We met our teacher and the rest of the class at a market where our teacher showed us where to find some of the ingredients that we would be using for the day. Then we drove about 15km outside of the city to the organic farm where we spent the day cooking. We each had our own station and made several dishes of our own choice. I made green curry with chicken, tom yum soup with shrimp, sweet and sour chicken, pad thai, and mango with sticky rice. I really enjoyed learning how to cook the different dishes and the food was more delicious than I expected! The dishes were pretty simple to make, I just hope that I'm able to find the right ingredients back home. By far the worst part of the day was when I got a hot chili pepper in my eye when we were combining the ingredients using a mortar and pestle....We also got a recipe book that has every dish we made as well as several others.

tom yum soup with shrimp

cooking station

our hilarious teacher, showing us how to "sexy stir fry"

green curry with chicken, and sweet and sour chicken

making pad thai

pad thai in progress

mango and sticky rice
Kimberly, Tammy, Tara and me



No comments:

Post a Comment