Saturday, January 12, 2013

In Bangkok!

My flying experience from Kathmandu to Bangkok was one of the best ones so far. Although we left Kathmandu an hour late, the female Nepali security guards were so nice and chatty. I don't think I've ever had a smile on or laughed while going through security but I did a lot of it this morning. Then on my 3 hour flight to Bangkok I had a delicious meal of fish and some pasta and believe it or not there was real silverware and free alcoholic drinks! I stuck to soda. (I'm still trying to get rid of a lingering upset stomach from my time in Nepal) But now I'm relaxing in Bangkok for about 2 hours before boarding my flight for Chiang Mai. I should be landing there around 10:50 tonight and will be picked up by someone from Payap University. Is it too soon to be calling it PU? I'm very excited to meet my Thai roommate once I get there. The time difference from Thailand to the east coast is 12 hours (does that mean I'm about halfway around the world?). I hope so. I hope to post tonight once I move into my new home for the next 5 months, but if not I'll post in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment