Thursday, January 10, 2013

Poking Around Pokhara

Today we left Chitwan and took a 5 hour drive to Pokhara. Most of the drive was along the Marshyangdi river. The river was beautiful and teal colored. I heard there is white water rafting on the river so that has been added to the bucket list for another trip to Nepal. After arriving we did some shopping in Pokhara. This is a pretty touristy area so we found some great shopping. Now we are sitting by a heater at the hotel having chai tea and regrouping before heading out for my final dinner with the SLU group. Tomorrow morning I fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu, spend the night there and then fly to Chiang Mai on Saturday. Sad to be leaving the group. It's been so great to be with such a great group of SLU saints but I've got plenty more adventures ahead of me in Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment