Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sawatdee

My first few days at Payap have been great so far! The weather here is amazing. The nights are cool and the days are sunny and warm. I'm loving the heat now but I'm sure I will be enduring some high temperatures as the months pass. Yesterday and today was orientation at Payap. We got to tour the campus and learn about the classes we will be taking. Today we even got a short Thai language lesson. I know can converse with my roommate a little bit. We learned greetings and a few other phrases.

Last night we went to a bar in the city that had some good live music. There we met up with 5 Thai friends and spent the rest of the night laughing and dancing with them. Everyone here is so nice and open to new friends. Exchanging phone numbers is a must so I am glad to now have a Thai cell phone to connect with friends here.

Tomorrow we will be driving three hours out of the city to Mae Chaem for our homestay in a village. Apparently the drive there is very windy through the hills but I have had plenty of time to adjust to crazy driving in Nepal so I hope it will be a pleasant drive. I won't have internet until Saturday so I will post then. Laew phob kan mai. (see you later)

my roommate Fon and me



Thai friends

meeting with the University president

campus

Andrew is ready for his school picture

campus

No comments:

Post a Comment