Friday, January 4, 2013

We made it!

I am thrilled to say that we have arrived in Birgunj! It was a pretty crazy drive here going up and down through the mountains around switchbacks and squished together (8 of us plus the driver) in the van. The roads alternated from pavement to bumpy dirt roads with no painted lines, stop signs or traffic signals. We had lunch along a dry riverbed that turns into a roaring river during monsoon season. I have ditched my laptop in Kathmandu until I return there on the 12th so I will just be posting iPhone photos for a while so I apologize for the crummy quality.







1 comment:

  1. Hey, is the weather different where you are now compared to Kathmandu? It looks much wetter and maybe colder? Your other adventures look great so far. Glad you got some luggage.

    ReplyDelete