Friday, January 11, 2013

Making my way towards Thailand

I have successfully returned to Kathmandu! Now that I am back with my computer I will be playing a little bit of catch up to include some pictures I took in Birgunj, Nichuta, Chitwan and Pokhara. Traveling here on my own from Pokhara was pretty interesting. My flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu was scheduled for 9:50, but we didn't end up taking off until 11:50. The flight was only supposed to be 25 minutes, but we began circling around Kathmandu because there was "bad weather and high traffic" at the airport so we weren't able to land. We did 6 circles before heading back to Pokhara, landing, refueling, and then heading back to Kathmandu and successfully landing. Fortunately the circling allowed me to have a better look at the Himalayas, which could be seen standing majestically in the distance from the airplane window. I'm now settled into my hotel room in Kathmandu, and will be leaving tomorrow for Chiang Mai. I spent the afternoon regrouping and met an English guy named Luke who is doing some trekking and we will be getting some dinner later with Brijlal. It was a little sad to be leaving the SLU group today, but I am just thankful for an amazing journey with them and overjoyed with all the new sights and things I learned so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment